Dr. Andrew Hill is a neuroscientist and the founder of Peak Brain (A kind of gym for hacking your brain). Dr. Hill also actively lectures at UCLA and is a long time meditator and seeker of altered states of consciousness.LISTEN | ITUNES YOUTUBE ARCHIVE STITCHER
Blast yourself with nootropics, grab a pen and prepare your plasticity, listener. You are about to ingest some thick, meaty, nutritious, neurogenesis-inducing novelty nuggets!
With the type of discourse that we thrive upon here at Third Eye Drops, it’s easy to get in the habit of constantly harmonizing with guests. If there were a rule stating- “The name of your show must reflect its content.”, I’d have to change Third Eye Drops to something like “Yeah, Yeah Man Exactly!”
This particular mind meld is a little bit different because Dr. Hill and I don’t do that, in fact I think it’s fair to say that we build the cornerstone of our respective world views on different bedrock. After all, Dr. Hill is a scientist and a self-proclaimed reductionist who is concerned with provable, observable, repeatable data (a lens I’m not equipped to peer through). Yet at the same time, Dr. Hill is also long time meditator and explorer of ecstatic states and has what he describes as a “very active spiritual life” (a lens I’m more familiar with). In other words, differences between he and I aside, Dr. Hill has a mind that has been thoroughly brined in both direct experience and academic knowledge. A rare and potent treat, if you ask me!
Musings in this mind meld include –
- Brainwaves, what they do and how we can influence them
- Sleep and brain health
- Flow state
- Brainwaves and ADD/ADHD
- Hacking your brain with QEEG brain mapping
- Brainwaves and aging
- The early development of the brain and how it may correlate to mental illness or learning impairment
- Plasticity, neurogenesis and psychedelics
- Quantum tunneling and microtubules in the brain
- Can we stimulate the brain to learn more quickly matrix-style?
- Binaural beats light flashes, meditation
- The mind, ego, concsiousness- what are they?