Trinity De Guzman, founder of Ayahuasca Healings, is at the epicenter of a huge ayahuasca controversy. There has been a great deal of outcry in the medicine community from people who work with ayahuasca spiritually, as well as from scientific researches and policy makers around a number of key concerns.
Number one, the true legal status of Ayahuasca Healings in the United States. Number two, the safety of the people attending retreats at the Ayahuaca Healings retreat center from both the health and legal stand point. Number three, the way in which Trinity promoted their church and its business model and number four, the impact of their activities on the future of ayahuasca and its protected status as a whole.
Today, he will share with us:
- [11:30] His experiences in traveling to different countries and how he discovered ayahuasca in Peru
- [13:48] What led him to build to the first public, legal ayahuasca church in America
- [15:22] The mission of Ayahuasca Healings.
- [19:36] What makes Ayahuasca Healings legal?
- [21:46] Is Ayahuasca Healings exempted from the Religious Freedom Restoration Act?
- [1:41:57] His plans on how he would establish trust within the ayahuasca community amidst controversies.
- and much, much more.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Religious Freedom Restoration Act
- Oklevueha Native American Church
- Rick Doblin
- Bia Labate