Rak Razam is the world’s leading ‘experiential’ journalist, writing about and helping shape the emergence of a new cultural paradigm in the 21st century. A writer, film producer and culture maker, he bridges the worlds of shamanism, consciousness and popular culture.Author of the critically acclaimed book Aya Awakenings: A Shamanic Odyssey and the companion volume of interviews, The Ayahuasca Sessions, he is a frequent lecturer on ayahuasca and the shamanic revival sweeping the West. He wrote, produced and co-directed the groundbreaking visionary documentary Aya: Awakenings and he leads ayahuasca retreats in Peru.He has been hosting dynamic speaking engagements, panel facilitation and lectures across Australia and North America at conferences, transformational festivals and other events for the past five years, weaving together the New Age, counter-culture and progressive thought. He has been called one of the “leading spokespersons for the new paradigm”.Today, he joins us for another episode and he will share about:
- [6:19] The phenomenon of the rapid explosion of Western Ayahuasqueros
- [8:52] Why a lot of neoshamans jumped into the bandwagon of offering Ayahuasca ceremonial services.
- [20:00] How the money exchange in the commercialization of ayahuasca has changed the energy of ayahuasca ceremonies.
- [21:35] Tips on how to properly assess the skills of a western ayahuasca ceremony facilitator.
- [28:41] His opinion on why the 40-year war against drugs is unsuccessful.
- [31:02] Advice for individuals who have felt a sacred calling as an ayahuasca ceremony facilitator.
- [33:23] How human beings can evolve and gain true awakening.
- and much, much more!