Julie Megler is a board certified psychiatric nurse practitioner with specialization in family medicine. She has already accomplished a lot in her career and she will continuously develop her knowledge and skills in order to help more patients from different walks of life.Currently, Julie has a private practice in the San Francisco Bay Area. She focuses on Integrative Mental Health services for physical and emotional well-being. Because of Julie’s remarkable contribution, she has already been invited to take part in Psychedelic Science Conference, Women’s Visionary Congress, and Detroit’s First Entheogenic Conference.In this episode, Julie will share:
- [4:30] How she ventured into the world of psychedelic research
- [8:05] Julie’s work in dealing with patients who experience post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- [10:00] The story of how she started to help people integrate non-ordinary states of consciousness.
- [14:13] What ERIE is and does for the psychedelic community.
- [16:15] Typical challenges and difficulties of the people who seek out Julie’s support and how she helps them.
- [21:48] Her opinions on the recent phenomena of “drive-by shamans”
- [23:50] Useful tools that people can use to navigate altered states.
- and much, much more!
Mentioned in this interview
- Alexander Shulgin
- Entheogenic Research, Integration, and Education (ERIE)