He is the author of the acclaimed book The Road Home: A Contemporary Exploration of the Buddhist Path (which was recently selected as one of Library Journal’s Best Books of 2015, and one of Tech Insider’s “9 Books That Define 2015.)
His new book, The Dharma of The Princess Bride: What The Coolest Fairy Tale of Our Time Can Teach Us About Buddhism and Relationships – just came out – and I have the great honor of chatting with him about it today!
- Ethan’s upbringing as a Buddhist, and when he committed to his Meditation Practice
- The Shambhala Tradition
- The Dharma of The Princess Bride (Ethan’s new book)
- The Meta- like quality of The Princess Pride and how that connects to Meditation
- Friendship as being part of Spiritual Practice
- Why Trust is foundational for a good friendship
- Why there’s no “Buttercup” or prince charming coming to save us, and how to live with the Uncertainty of Relationships
- Ethan’s favorite part of writing The Dharma Of the Princess Bride
What are your main take-aways? Do YOU make Relationships part of your Spiritual path? I’d love to hear your thoughts.