- "Fuck pain. Fuck heartbreak. I'm still in love with life"
- Thank you to our sponsors, Chris O'Dell from Datsusara, and Aubrey Marcus from Onnit. If you are interested in computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount.
- Also, here's the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM.
- If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- NEW DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. If you thought our previous t-shirt was risky, you haven't seen anything yet. In addition to our traditional Drunken Taoist logo t-shirt, which are always in stock and ready to ship, we are now taking pre-orders for the new design. See if you can spot yours truly, Iz, Duncan Trussell, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ikkyu Sojun, Tom Robbins, Shiva and Ganesh, Dionysus and Pan, Rich Evirs, Savannah Em, Buddha (or, what's left of him) in the midst of the Dionysian revelries taking place in the forest. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at email@example.com.
- My mom just published a book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It's entitled "Create Your Own Religion" and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- A lecture series about Taoism is done! Check out the next episodes for updates.
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a moment, please do us a solid and fill out our listener survey. This will help us learn more about how you listen to the show and will ultimately help us create a better podcast. http://thedrunkentaoist.com/surveyEpisode artwork by Peter WestermannFather's Bolelli Sunday School: The Bible according to Quentin Tarantino:
- Father Bolelli is on vacation. Sorry!
The "Rant of the Day":
- New Podcast in 2014: Hardcore History with an accent!
- The Godfather conversation with Dan Carlin
- Dan Carlin appreciation moment: kissing the ring
- The complex relationship between financial well being and happiness
- I don't mind money. I mind the time and energy needed to make it
- Discussing Fast Food Nation
- Everyone believes they are middle class
- Sad stories about Bolelli's upbringing: video games, guest-swallowing carpets, etc.
The "I Have A Dream" Corner:
- An encounter with an Armenian hairdresser on a crusade to exterminate all hair
- Buying stocks in a company selling shooting targets designed for extreme right wingers
The "Iz Moment":
- Iz war face: "I'll punch them in the face and drop them in hot lava"
- Taking Jimi Hendrix' place
- Gallows Pole by Led Zeppelin
The "Storytelling Moment":
- Thanks to the glorious folks from Fly Delivery in Glendale http://www.flydelivery.org
- The crazy tale of Lyudmila Pavlichenko
The "Ask Bolelli" Corner:
- The meaning of the new Drunken Taoist t-shirt: life lived without the 3,000 inhibitions that keep human beings caged
- Rescuing your t-shirt (and your mailman) from cannibals: my own personal ninja squad
- The glorious Bennett from Sure Design
- Happy Nietzsche: the next step in human evolution
- If you meet the Buddha, kill him
- Decades into the future, someone will write a PhD dissertation on the subtle meanings of the Drunken Taoist t-shirt
- Content inertia?
- Mastery in one art vs. high skill in several