- "Fuck pain. Fuck heartbreak. I'm still in love with life"
- Thank you to our sponsors, Chris O'Dell from Datsusara, and Aubrey Marcus from Onnit. If you are interested in computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount.
- Also, here's the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM.
- If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- NEW DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. If you thought our previous t-shirt was risky, you haven't seen anything yet. In addition to our traditional Drunken Taoist logo t-shirt, which is always in stock and ready to ship, we are now taking pre-orders for the new design. See if you can spot yours truly, Iz, Duncan Trussell, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ikkyu Sojun, Tom Robbins, Shiva and Ganesh, Dionysus and Pan, Rich Evirs, Savannah Em, Buddha (or, what's left of him) in the midst of the Dionysian revelries taking place in the forest. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at email@example.com.
- My mom just published a book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- The code "daniele" gets you a discount on the food of the gods (chocolate!) www.coracaoconfections.com.
- AND use the promo code "podcast" from now until Valentine's Day (Feb. 14th) for 15% OFF all order of $49 or more.
- And if you need audiobooks, check www.audibletrial.com/thedrunkentaoist.
- And if you shop on Amazon, please use our link on the donate page of this site. OR this one: http://amzn.to/10N96md.
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It's entitled "Create Your Own Religion" and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- A lecture series about Taoism is done! Check out the next episodes for updates.
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: firstname.lastname@example.org
Forum: we launched The Drunken Taoist forum. Check it here, start conversations and be nice to each other! thedrunkentaoist.com/forum.The "Rant of the Day":
- Why so few women? The "Get Women for Bolelli Campaign". Bring us some ladies as listeners and we'll even shower and wear deodorant for our female audience.
- The Thranduil dilemma. When evil is running loose, and the world is getting destroyed, can you afford to shut yourself away in a tiny, safe forest?
- Until I bring happiness to all, fix all environmental problems, and defeat Death, I am a complete failure.
- I understand all too well Black Elk's pain.
- The Bodhisatva path: I will not access full enlightenment until the last blade of grass is enlightened.
- The Bodhisatva wakes up in the middle of the night with pearls of sweat running down his spine.
- How to affect the environment you live in.
- Heroism in the face of hopelessness.
- Chapter 8 of On the Warrior's Path: "The Warrior as Bodhisatva".
The "I Have A Dream" Corner:
- Iz "I need to go back in the dream to save him."
- High as a baby.
- Who's that dog barking? Oh... it's me.
The "Storytelling Moment":
- Little Norwegian boy driving a car: "I'm not a boy. I'm a dwarf who forgot his driving license."
- The epic tale of Hugh Glass and the grizzly.
The "Iz Moment":
- Broke a promise? Then chop your ear off.
- I wanna see the movie where they cut his father's head off and he wants revenge.
- I really like the song, but not the meaning. I don't wanna be like other girls. I wanna be like me.
The "Ask Bolelli" Corner:
- How to find a spiritual practice in the midst of parenting an infant: micro-meditation.
- Self-indulgence balanced with healthy/altruistic actions.
- I love mid-life crisis.
- Taoism: philosophy or religion?
- Fighting or not fighting--that is the question. No attachment to outcome.