Our guest today is the wonderful Shannon Lee, talking about her life and her father's legacy.
Among the highlights of the day:
- Coming to terms with being Bruce Lee's daughter
- Shannon's work as the head of Bruce Lee Enterprises
- We bow to our one and only god: Pete McCormack, director of the documentary I Am Bruce Lee
- The sordid tale of how the evil Bolelli used his Godfather skills to end up in the documentary (btw, the most glorious 53 seconds in movie history!)
- Why nerdy Asian boys owe their very lives to Bruce Lee
- On nationalism and the wild tale of a Bruce Lee statue built in Bosnia right after the war there
- What makes some people more authentic than others?
- Rebelling against dogma and creating our own path: "That’s the thing I’ve always admired most about my father. It takes courage to walk the path alone"
- "The height of cultivation runs toward simplicity"
- Bruce Lee as the father of MMA?
- Shannon invented Tivo, and Daniele invented Blockbuster
- Gene LeBell and his pink gi
- Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story and killing demons with nunchuckus
The Bruce Lee Foundation website: http://bruceleefoundation.com/
Shannon's twitter: https://twitter.com/BruceLeeLegacy