- Thank you to Chris Odell from Datsusara! If you are interested in computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount (here's the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter:www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM
- Thank you to Aubrey Marcus from Onnit! If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com
- if you shop on Amazon, please use our link on the donate page of this site. OR this one: http://amzn.to/10N96md.
- DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS FEATURING IKKYU SOJUN!!!!! ORDER YOURS NOW!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My mom's book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- Daniele's books: NEW BOOK JUST RELEASED! "NOT AFRAID" If you click on any of the covers at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page. AN AUDIOBOOK VERSION OF “NOT AFRAID” IS AVAILABLE HERE: danielebolelli.com/downloads/not-afraid-audiobook/.
- THE TAOIST LECTURE SERIES IS HERE!!!!!! Get yours here: danielebolelli.com/downloads/taoist-lectures
- Interested in Martial Arts? Check out Daniele's instructional on leglocks: https://leglocks.vhx.tv
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: email@example.com
And please check out my public Facebook page
THIS EPISODE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY AUDIBLE! Please go to audible.com/taoist for a free trialThe Conan Rash GuardContact Savannah Em at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the Ikkyu ScrollCheckout
- From social commentary documentaries to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The DIY approach to documentaries
- The democratization of technology vs. the impossible democratization of talent
- He-Man. And Daniele flexes his biceps.
- Making documentaries and then praying to be able to sell them
- The Conan documentary
- Arnold returning to the Conan franchise?
- The process of turning footage into a documentary
- Taming the Ego
- If I feel it, there's probably a good reason for it
- The wisdom of gut feelings
- The process to creating a good documentary is the same that allows one to have a good marriage, or be effective at anything
- Negotiating with other human beings to create something great
- "To be excellent in one thing is to be excellent in all things" Miyamoto Musashi
- The same principles can be applied to any field of experience
- Daniele's grandfather and a conversation about plates
- Chuang Tzu "Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so that I can have a word with him?"
- Daniele's biceps are like the Tao-entirely beyond words
- Working out as a tool for mental health
- Creativity is great, but nothing beats sweating
- "You get blue biceps"
- Randall's superhuman powers
- How celibacy affects the brain
- Conan philosophy and the cult of strength