- Thank you to Chris Odell from Datsusara! If you are interested in computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Here’s the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM
- Thank you to Aubrey Marcus from Onnit! If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code “warrior” for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com
- if you shop on Amazon, please use our link on the donate page of this site. OR this one: http://amzn.to/10N96md.
- DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS FEATURING IKKYU SOJUN!!!!! ORDER YOURS NOW!!!!! Straight from Bolelli’s perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at email@example.com.
- My mom’s book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- Daniele’s books: NEW BOOK JUST RELEASED! “NOT AFRAID” If you click on any of the covers at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it’ll take you straight to the Amazon page. AN AUDIOBOOK VERSION OF “NOT AFRAID” IS AVAILABLE HERE: danielebolelli.com/downloads/not-afraid-audiobook/.
- THE TAOIST LECTURE SERIES IS HERE!!!!!! Get yours here: danielebolelli.com/downloads/taoist-lectures
- Interested in Martial Arts? Check out Daniele’s instructional on leglocks: https://leglocks.vhx.tv
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: firstname.lastname@example.org
And please check out my public Facebook page
DANIELE’s HISTORICAL PODCAST IS HERE! Please subscribe: www.historyonfirepodcast.com
Thank you for the wine to Aum Cellars
Contact Savannah Em at email@example.com if you are interested in the Ikkyu Scroll
WE HAVE A NEW SPONSOR FOR THIS EPISODE. IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR TOP NOTCH WATCHES FOR INCREDIBLY GOOD PRICES, CHECK OUT getthewatch.net AND USE THE CODE TAOIST FOR AN AUTOMATIC 15% DISCOUNT
MMA GYM in LA: Check out https://fightsciencemma.com/
- Making a profession out of studying the secrets of the body
- Less movement than ever in human history
- Developing awareness throughout the day
- How posture affects testosterone and stress hormones
- Having role models
- Strength as a prerequisite for softness
- Teachers need to inspire or they can’t be taken seriously
- Movement as a key to understanding Taoism
- The body is more than the body
- No one but you can make you feel small and insignificant
- It’s difficult to will depression away
- Inspiration and lasting power
- Skill acquired through time and energy
- Why we resist learning new things
- Gifts emerging through limitations
- The yin yang of emphasizing social causes vs. individual agency
- The problems of having things easy
- Yin and yang the language of life
- We are going to figure out this burrito
- “I got lucky at a young age. My dad started smoking crack…”
- Neil deGrasse Tyson on urgency, motivation and mortality
- Vibes and body language
- The superpower of empathy