Mary O’Malley is an author, counselor and awakening mentor in Kirkland, Washington. In the early 1970’s, a powerful awakening led Mary to begin changing her relationship with her challenges, freeing her from a lifelong struggle with darkness. Mary’s latest book, What’s In the Way Is the Way, provides a revolutionary approach for healing your fears, anxieties, shame, and confusion, so you can live from a place of ease and well-being.
- Early Years – Mary and I begin by discussing her difficult childhood, teenage and early adult years which culminated in her being lost in a labyrinth of self-hatred, confusion, and despair. This however became the catalyst that led Mary to attend a Hatha Yoga Seminar with teacher Joel Kramer, which began to change everything for her.
- The Myth of Not Being Okay – Mary and I explore what she calls “The myth of not being okay,” regarding which she’s written, “We all long for this okayness and yet it seems very illusive. If you step back and look at what is going on inside of you all day long, you would see that rather than resting in the ease of okayness, your mind is oftentimes doing the opposite. It is searching for something better – a better body, a better mate, a better meditation, a better car, a better mind. This kind of mind hopes that if you can just get your life the way you want it to be, then you will feel okay
- Fear– Mary talks bout fear and how we can learn to face it with a spirit of curiosity, which ultimately will help us to find our way through it.
- The Five Great Teachers – Mary and I talk about “The Five Great Teachers”, which Mary says are designed to bring up what’s been bound inside of us and is asking for our healing and attention.
- The Four “Lets” – Mary and I end our conversation by discussing what she calls “The Four Lets,” which are: 1) Let Life 2) Let It Be 3) Let It Go and 4) Let Go.
Marth Logan’s email address to request a sample chapter from Mary’s book: email@example.com